Social and Digital Media Team – 3 positions available
Members of the Social and Digital Media Team will further develop the online presence and communities of Neurofibromatosis Mid-Atlantic. The team will maintain and grow our organizational presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our audience. They will regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks as well as Nfmidatlantic.org.
They will also assist in maintaining our archive of digital images, videos, and other content. The team will aide in developing new ways to reach communities and promote events or programs through digital promotion.
• Update Facebook and Twitter accounts.
• Post updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
• Perform research to find articles, stories, videos, resources, or other content that is relevant to our community and posts it to our Facebook and Twitter page in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
• Update Facebook and Twitter accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from NF Mid-Atlantic activities and events.
• Grow our online social networks by increasing support-¬base and interactions.
• Propose new ways to initiate audience and grow fan-base.
• Maintain and update the official website.
• Upload photos, videos and podcasts as neccessary.
• Organize and archive digital images and videos.
• Regularly monitor the online activity of partner organizations/influencers.
• Research and report on social media best practices.
Analytics and Reporting
• Use Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and Twitter analytics to assess trends and activity.
• Review data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
• Creative self-¬starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with basic photo-¬editing and video-¬editing software. Experience with Adobe suite (Photoshop/Illustrator) a plus.
• Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress
• Experience in Public Realtions or Communications/Marketing is a plus.
This is a part-time volunteer position. All work is done remotely and a weekly time commitment can be discussed at a later time.
Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure and exhibit a strong work ethic. Most importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks in a start-up environment. This opportunity will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, community relations, audience development, and, of course helping to raise awareness for Neurofibromatosis!
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the mission of Neurofbrimatosis Mid-Atlantic to firstname.lastname@example.org