Who We Are
Neurofibromatosis Mid-Atlantic is a nonprofit organization founded in 1979 to provide information and support to people with neurofibromatosis (NF), their families and anyone interested in the disorder. We remain dedicated to NF families and the professionals who provide services for them.
The mission of NF Mid-Atlantic is to create a community of support for those affected by NF through education, advocacy, coalitions, and promoting research for treatments and a cure. Our goal is to be the primary source of information and support for NF in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Our service area started out encompassing Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and North Carolina. We have expanded our reach to fulfill the NF support, awareness and education needs of the international community.
Major Services Include
- On-Line materials on NF and related disorders, including an e-newsletter
- Extensive on-line learning
- Referrals to medical and other professionals in the region
- Information on NF research conducted in the Mid-Atlantic region
- On-line Speakers
- 24 hour/day chat Support groups